MS SBS 2003 Premium Edition enables you to use the following standard server software and services::
- user-centric identification management;
- file and print server services;
- e-mail and groupwork solutions;
- Intranet tools;
- fax server services;
- database engine (SQL);
- file management tools;
- junk mail filtering;
- firewall (software);
- Internet connection security;
- data backup.
The services and functionalities provided by the Business Server are activated according to the client’s request.
User Identification Management Service
File and Print Server Services
- We use Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) technology for user identification and Windows domain administration.
- Services we provide according to the client’s requirements:
- the creation of an AD structure;
- the creation of Groups;
- the assignment of rights;
- the creation of connections and rights between user groups and tools;
- adding PCs to a domain;
- the assignment of rights as Windows (2000, XP) Explorer or Office dialogs.
- The single sign-on solution is used for access control.
- The Remote Web Workplace enables authorized users to use remote access functions over the Internet.
E-mail and Groupwork Solutions
- The creation of directory trees.
- Each user will get free disk space on the server for storing and administering data.
- The creation of common directories for groupwork or for storing, administering and processing company documents.
- Personal and groupwork directories can be seen as virtual disks from the workstation.
- Central printing of documents.
All e-mail and groupwork services are based on the Microsoft Exchange Server2003 Standard Technology. The services include:
- E-mail user accounts, calendars, address books, notes, tasks;
- Public folders;
- Access to all your data even when you’re out of office;
- Access to e-mails on the mobile phone via Outlook Mobile Access;
- Free-of-charge company domain names (
) with unlimited membership; mailbox size: 750 MB;
- Free company mailing lists (
); mailbox size: 750MB; maximum size for external e-mails: 5 MB; e-mail size is not restricted on internal e-mails;
- An unlimited number of free additional e-mail aliases. A client can have different domain name endings, e.g.
- Setting the maximum mailbox size;
- Setting size limits on e-mails sent to users or general e-mail addresses;
- Setting restrictions on users’ rights of sending e-mails;
- Restoring deleted items within 10 days free of charge;
- Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003;
- The total size of all mailboxes and public folders cannot exceed 75 GB.
Our Intranet solutions are based on the Microsoft SharePoint Services, which enables easy upload of internal information and documents, linking and administration. The Microsoft Office FrontPage® 2003 Tool helps to create complex websites and custom solutions for the Windows SharePoint Services.Fax Server Services
Database Engine (SQL)
- Faxes are prepared in the user’s Pc;
- Paper- free faxes are sent and received in the user’s PC;
- Faxes can be received and processed via SharePoint, e-mail or printer.
Database solutions are based on the MS SQL 2000 application. We host applications that use databases for getting and processing data and making queries.File Management Tools
The file management solution is based on the Microsoft SharePoint service.
Junk Mail Filtering
- My Documents folders of local workstations can be hosted in the server without disturbing the work of the user;
- Offline copies;
- Setting rights by the End User;
- Volume Shadow Copy is a quick and efficient backup service that enables you to make backup copies of software;
- Applications can be used centrally.
The service includes creating and setting the rules for filtering and managing filtered e-mails.Firewall
Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes a built-in firewall and supports external firewall.Internet Connection Security
We use the Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 technology to secure your Internet connections. The service includes advanced monitoring tools and reporting features.Data Backup
Backup Wizard ensures regular backup of all data stored on the server. The backup copy is made once a week and stored for one week. Changes to data are backed up once a day and stored for one week. Data backup is performed on a backup tape. For further details on the software we use, see:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/default.mspxMicrosoft SBS 2003 demos:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/evaluation/demos/default.mspx
It is advisable to use Microsoft Internet Explorer to see the demos.