The service we provide includes the availability, configuration, maintenance and backup of the database engine, which is the basis of an information system. All database system administrators are certified specialists.
Responsibilities of Database System AdministratorsGeneral Responsibilities:
- keeping record of all changes and events performed on the database system configuration;
- ensuring server security on the level of the database system.
- backup of the database system configuration;
- monitoring increase in storage space and informing the client in a timely manner;
- backup of data files.
- monitoring the database system load, database connections, the size of data files;
- monitoring the content and length of trace and log files.
Additional responsibilities :
- changing the superuser’s password regularly;
- preparation of database system usage statistics for the client.
The contact person appointed by the client can grant user rights for the database system. The supported platforms include Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Progress, MySQL, Postgres.
- adding and resizing database files in the database system;
- running quarterly database recovery tests;
- installing error corrections recommended and supported by the manufacturer of the database system;
- creating and changing users for the database system;
- changing the configuration of the database system;
- rearranging data files on the file system disks;
- changing the parameters that influence database system performance;
- configuration error troubleshooting;
- reporting on error messages to the manufacturer of the database system.