Operating System Administration
Responsibilities of the System AdministratorDaily Responsibilities:
- monitoring the system;
- ensuring free disk space;
- monitoring server load;
- supervision of backup copies;
- gathering data on loopholes;
- registration of changes and events.
- monitoring system log files;
- monitoring system software and user’s rights;
- analyzing changes in used disk space;
- analyzing server load trends.
Operating system user rights are granted by the client.
- adding users, changing rights, closing accounts;
- resolving errors;
- recovery of files or the system from the backup copy;
- deleting unnecessary data to free space;
- adding error corrections to the OS;
- changing configuration;
- installing additional software;
- updating OS versions;
- documenting changes;
- making suggestions for adding or updating hardware.